All of the initiatives supported and/or organized by Art4Development.Net aim to educate and help create a mutual understanding and awareness of vital human and social issues worldwide. Art4Development .Net is unique in that it utilizes and/or promotes the use of various art forms in achieving global objectives ranging from fighting HIV/AIDS, mediating tribal conflicts, rehabilitating substance abused youth, to helping traumatized children in postwar regions, among others.
To date Art4Development.Net has
- Organized dozens of edu-taining events, including but not limited to public arts installations, exhibits, workshops, screenings, benefit concerts and lecture series raising awareness on primarily Millennium Development Goals and generating micro-funds for development programs worldwide
- Assisted hundreds of artists (emerging and professional) and arts advocates in providing web- visibility, showcasing their work and voicing their programs in well-respected media channels and at prominent international arenas
- Administered a growing database of over 5,500 of arts and development organizations, artists, social advocates, galleries, arts publications, institutes, and more from around the world
- Connected over 1,300 members through the E-Community platform from over 80 countries and published hundreds of e-Community digests
- Researched, analyzed and wrote about the "role of arts in development" in internationally acclaimed publications
- Reached thousands of individuals and organizations globally through educational events, projects, online programs and publications
Art4Development.Net is a volunteer-led organization. Let us hear from you if you have any suggestions/recommendations or interested in partnering.